Today I got nominated for my first blog award! Deborah Sweeney of genealogylady.net did me the honor of nominating me. Thanks Deborah!
The rules for this award are similar to several others:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. (check…see above)
2. Nominate 15 blogs for the Versatile Blogger Award, link to their page, and leave a comment notifying them of the newly bestowed honor. (check…see below)
I just recently started following and reading other genealogy blogs, so I am not sure I have fifteen but here goes:
8. I will have to find some more and post them here later.
The last thing is to share seven things about yourself. Here goes:
1. I have been interested in family history for as long as I can remember.
2. I love to write posts on my blogs and I check the stats several times a day to see if anyone else reads them. It really makes my day when someone likes, or even better, comments on one of my posts.
3. I am a beginner in the blogging world and really need to learn how to publicize, link and add other stuff stuff to my blog…like instagram or flickr.
4. I also help my husband run two donut shops (I do all of the bookwork, payroll, etc) plus we have 4 children – 19, 17, 8, and 2. The 8 year old I homeschool and the 2 year old is a full time job. Which means…
5. I stay up later than I should just to do genealogy and write on my blog.
6. I have all of the plans in my head to write a Family History book and My American Family History Curriculum…just need the time to get it done.
7. The only thing I don’t like about living in Oklahoma is that I have no real family history here. My parents moved here when I was in Kindergarten. The only relative that is here now is my sister and her family, everyone else lives out of state.